Just a few of the features of the organization’s teen program include:
- Extended club hours from 2–8 p.m.
- Career planning and ACT/SAT prep
- Community service projects
- Summer employment positions available for qualifying year-round teen club members
- A dedicated area exclusive for teens within each club
During the school year, teens participate in the clubs’ after-school curriculum, but also learn about subjects including financial literacy, job shadowing, and career enrichment. In addition to homework assistance and career preparedness, the program also features college tours, apprenticeships with the Miami Symphony Orchestra, fitness activities, guest speakers, and mentors.
“Boys & Girls Clubs of Miami-Dade is a special place for teens. We are very pleased to now offer our teen program with extended hours within each of our clubs,” said Boys & Girls Clubs of Miami-Dade President Alex Rodriguez-Roig. “We place great emphasis on helping to prepare teens for college and careers, as well as providing positive, enjoyable programs for them.”
For more information about Boys & Girls Clubs of Miami-Dade’s teen program, contact:
- Hank Kline Club: 305-446-2654
- Kendall Club: 305-279-3013
- Northwest Club: 305-758-5753
- South Beach Club: 305-535-1135